Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm back and presidential election in Singapore

So long! Felt like being a stranger in typing out this post now. Sorry for me being inactive for about a month due to my examiations. But still do continue to check my pinboard and twitter for news updates.

Oh, I think that my monster will not be feeling well since I was inactive during that period. My examination is still ongoing, so let me be 100% focus in my exam first.

One more thing! Current president of the Republic of Singapore, Mr S.R. Nathan will end his office term as President at the end of this month and earlier said that he will not seek for his third term in office after being served as president for twelve years.

You know very well, another election is currently held in Singapore, the presidential election. Out of six hopeful candidates before nomination day on 17 August 2011, only four were eligible to contest.
They were
Dr Tan Cheng Bock, Mr Tan Jee Say, Dr Tony Tan Keng Yam and Mr Tan Kin Lian.
(Click on the names of the candidates to read their past or current potfolios.)

Polling day for this election will be on 27 August with cooling off day on the eve of polling day. Currently, Mr Tan Jee Say and his supporters are now having a rally and it will be held until 10 p.m. (+8 GMT, SGT) You can get news updates and watch the rally live at
http://pe.channelnewsasia.com/.

Also on tomorrow, there would be a lunch- time rally at 12 p.m. (+8 GMT) held by Dr Tony Tan and a night rally at 7 p.m. (+8 GMT) held by Mr Tan Kin Lian. So, tune in to the website for live streaming. Dr Tan Cheng Bock's rally is still subjected to comfirmation soon.

A candidate is only allowed to hold one rally at any time during the campaigning period, inclusive of an option to hold a lunch- time rally.

No comments: